- I think I mentioned this before but I love how our heroines have non-traditional jobs. Cinder is a mechanic, Scarlet is a pilot and farmer and Cress is a computer programmer and hacker. They may be based on fairy tales but doesn’t mean that have be damsels in distress. (though I do love Cress’ line about being a damsel in distress instead of a being a prisoner)
- I do love the friendship between Cinder and Throne. The bickering back and forth between the two is truly delightful. It really sets up for the big ending.
- Cress’ reaction to seeing sand, trees and animals for the first time is just plain adorable. I love the scenes where she is forced to describe their surroundings to Throne who has temporarily lost his eyesight. It’s really cute.
- In Cinder Jacin is described as having a pony tail but is never described with one again. Does he get his haircut?
- Also a lot of characters have blue eyes. Cress, Throne, Jacin and Dr. Erland. Okay that’s only 4 but that is half of them.
- When Jacin says he serves the Princess, did everyone just forget that Winter exits? That might have been a good idea to say, hey how did you know? I know there were a little unsure if they could trust him and for good reason but it probably might have been a good idea to let him in on the Princess Selene angle. Sure, he might have did what he did anyway but maybe not. Communication could have been a little better, that’s all I’m saying.
- Lunars can be real jerks. They manipulate and torture Scarlet and then put her on display in the menagerie. I do hope Cinder gets rid of the families when she takes over.
- I hope they make a movie or TV show because I want to see the scene at the end when Kai is looking for Cinder and sees Wolf sewing up his wound and looks up and says “Your Majesty”. Classic.
- Wolf. sigh
One more book to go. I probably won’t have as many thoughts about Winter since I did just recently finished it but that doesn’t mean I’m any less excited about it.