This is it. I don’t want to say that this will be the last time I read Winter or The Lunar Chronicles but I am ready to move on. This was a very lovely series that was just fun to read. So here we go. My last few observations Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter, Kai, Throne, Wolf and Jacin.
- I liked all the romances but Scarlet and Wolf’s is the best. Wolf is torn from his family, forced into the army, his body physically altered and none of this he wanted. He spent the entire series fighting what was done to him so he could have his own choice. That he wasn’t just a monster he was made to be and Scarlet saw him. Maybe from the very beginning when he was just sitting in the tavern, maybe in the fight pit or maybe on the train but she saw HIM and even after everything, that’s all she ever saw. That’s love.
- I do love Throne’s devious plan to prove he’s worthy of Cress’ love. That my friend is a criminal mastermind.
- Winter is adorable. I’m not sure what I think of Jacin. He’s still a jerk but he does have his reasons. If I was raised in the Lunar court I would probably be like that too. I saw that they both truly cared for each other but I wasn’t quite connected with them as a couple as the others. Maybe since I only really got one book with them and they spent most of the book apart from each other.
- Cinder is amazing. After everything that she has been through. She still finds away to be fair to Adri and Peony when they had never been fair to her. A lesson we all can learn. She will make a great leader. I think that best leaders are the ones who don’t want to but do when needed.
- I do hope that she and Kai do stay together
- I’ve said this before but I do love the friendship between Cinder and Throne. He was the first to follow her and to go along with what she wanted and needed. True at first he thought their would be money involved but he was game for everything. I think that is what made he final battle that much more powerful.
- Levana is a terrible person but she also had a terrible upbringing. I read Fairest, the prequel, and we find out that she was never shown love from her parents. Her sister was cruel to her and was responsible for her own burn injuries. She had always felt inferior and really just wanted to be loved. She was the second daughter. The second woman in his husbands life. Well really the third after Winter. She was never anyone’s first until she ascended to the throne and only because she manipulated everyone. I’m not saying any of this excuses her behavior but terrible people are not created in a vacuum.
- Whatever Marissa Meyer will write next. I’m totally going to read it.
What did you all love about The Lunar Chronicles?