Now on to Scarlet. I do love this book too. I love the no nonsense of Scarlet. The almost innocence of Wolf. Captain Thorne cockiness. Cinder’s sarcasm. Kai’s sarcasm and Iko as a ship. Just like I did with my rereading of Cinder, he’s a few observations I may have missed or didn’t think much of the first time around or just things that I love about this story. *Spoilers*
- Seriously, is there a better character as Iko ever. Whether she is a regular android, a ship or an escort droid, she’s the best. I mean that. No way the team can accomplish anything if Iko wasn’t there. She’s very Data like (Star Trek reference!) in her quest to be be and feel more human. She’s a total optimist in the face of the immense odds and gets everyone going when they feel that can’t go on. She’s the best!
- When Kai starts to think that the Lunar’s are spying on him, why doesn’t he have his office swept then? Why wait? The worst thing that could happen is that there are no bugs and he was just paranoid but the best, he could have stopped their spying a little sooner. Of course, who knows what Levana’s reaction would have been then but she was probably going to attack anyway.
- Wolf not knowing what Tomatoes were and saying he was from Paris probably should have been a bigger red flag that he was not actually from Paris. I’m not all that familiar with French food beyond pastries but I’m sure he would have at least seen a tomato before.
- How much time did Dr. Erland spend on building new hand and foot for Cinder? Is that what he was doing when he was hiding from Levana instead of researching the antidote? Or did he have spare cyborg body parts at the ready and once he found her pulled out what he needed once he found her? And if Cinder hadn’t been arrested, when would he have given it to her?
- Anyone else want to talk about how creepy it was that Throne wanted to take an unconscious Emile hostage?
- How cute was Wolf when Scarlet suggested that she was his Alpha female? Love seeing men blush.
- Let’s give props to Michelle Benoit. She keeps the biggest secret the world has ever none for 11 years and still doesn’t give it up under severe torture. Sacrifices herself and her son to do so and still was able to do some serious trash talking before she dies.
I feel like there was more I wanted to say but I can’t remember. I really should write these things done. Next up, Cress.