So it turns out that I never did a review of The Raven Boys. I guess that makes sense since it did come out in 2012 and well, Stacks did launch in 2012 but it took us two years to really get things going here. Check out Kate’s review and now a few observations.
- Richard Gansey III is smooth with the ladies, amorite? Blue’s and Gansey’s meet-cute may not be all that cute but it was pretty funny and a perfect set up to their relationship. Gansey is earnest but a little clueless but also shows how much both have changed throughout the series.
- On that note, Adam is a pretty smooth operator with the ladies.
- I love the way Ronan is described as he is more a sharp object then a person.
- Is Barrington Whelk the worst name ever?
- Neeve is shifty you didn’t have to be a psychic to figure that out.
- Does anyone else want a floor plan of 300 Fox Way? and Does anyone else want to live there? I do.
- Speaking of, I want to have drinks with Maura, Calla and Persephone and I’m not sure there is ever too much vodka.
- You have to love a book that features Welsh history and Latin as major plot points.
- Adam makes me so sad but I love him. He hasn’t excepted his situation as how things have to be and is doing something about it. I think he’s actually the best thing to happen to Gansey and Ronan.
- Blue is amazing. She is not afraid to stand up for herself. I also think she is the best thing to happen to Gansey. She challenges his perception of what it means to be poor. While Adam lives the life Gansey assumes all poor people live and life with violence and little love. Blue’s home life doesn’t fit that. It may be chaotic with all those women live in 300 Fox Way but it’s definitely a house full of love.
- Poor Noah. How many times did he tell people he was dead?
- Neeve will show up eventually. You think so?
- Adam what have you done? Next time you sacrifice yourself, know what you getting yourself into.
- How adorable is Ronan with Chainsaw?
- Speaking of Ronan, if you could bring anything from your dreams what would it be?
Ok, now onto The Dream Thieves. It’s my favorite one so far. Also, 20 more days until The Raven King!