It’s 2016! Happy New Years!! A new year means new books! And we love new books even if they just add to our TBR pile. So here a 10 books that I’m super excited to read in 2016!
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater- The final book in the Raven Cycle and I couldn’t be more excited and dreading at the same time. It is well documented about how much I love the series and Maggie as an author. I can’t wait to see what will happen to Blue and the Boys but at the same time not ready to say goodbye.
- The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan – The first book in Rick’s new series The Trials of Apollo is going to be good. I just know it. For one thing Percy is back! That’s really all I need to know. I also hope it means that Leo is also back and happy and in love with Calypso. That would be the best.
- Untitled by Sarah J. Maas – So the next book in the Throne of Glass series doesn’t have a title but hasn’t dampened my excitement for it. Aelin has all but declared her intentions and now heading for home. The real fight for Erilea is abou to get real.
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir – An Ember in the Ashes was one of the books that I loved the most last year. A mixture of historical fiction, dystopian and fantasy it was truly something refreshing. I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey – The final book in the 5th Wave series should be interesting. The 5th Wave was full and real but the The Infinite Sea was a intriguing but not as entertaining. Now that we know that who the aliens are and not things are really going to go down. Not to mention the movie for the first book comes out soon and I’m quite interested to see how it transitions from page to screen.
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard – The Red Queen was the other book by a new author in 2015 that I really loved. The other was Ember in the Ashes. It was quite a debut. I can’t wait to see what Mare will do now.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare – It’s been over a year since Cassandra’s last series ended. She has filled the void with her novella series Tales from Shadowhunter Academy it hasn’t been the same. Now we are moving from New York City to LA with Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorne five years after the end of The Mortal Instruments so of course the world is once again in peril and it’s mostly the Clave’s fault. I do hope it’s better then the last 3.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I’ll admit that I was only so so on the first book but I think this series has real potential and I’m willing to give it a go.
- The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan – Magnus and friends stopped Ragarnok from happening at least for now and now he’s going to have help from his cousin Annabeth. (Annabeth is going to be very busy this year) We know from the last book that Thor lost his hammer and judging by the title that is going to be a major part of this book but he won’t be the only God as we also know that Loki has been pulling strings for a long time. Things should get interesting.
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon – Now I’m not sure if this book is really going to come out this year or not but according to Goodreads, it’s scheduled for 11/3 so *crosses fingers* Paige has taken over the syndicate only to be betrayed by her former boss. It’s time to start a revolution against Scion but I have a feeling they won’t go down without a fight.
And so many more books I want to read and not to mention try to complete our reading challenges. It’s going to be a busy reading year. How about you? What books are you looking forward to reading this year?
Pingback: Happy One Year Anniversary to The Raven King and Maggie Stiefvater! | 2 Women, So Many Books